Serve this easy appetizer for special occasions or impromptu gatherings. Garnish with pomegranate seeds for a bright pop of color.
- 1/4 cup Old Country olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- 4 ounces plain chèvre
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the Old Country olive oil and add the garlic. Stir until fragrant, being careful not to brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add the herbs and warm them in the Old Country olive oil until fragrant, about two minutes, stirring occasionally so they don't burn. Set the oil aside to cool.
- Place the chèvre on a small plate or platter. Drizzle the warm olive oil over the chèvre and place the herbs on the side as a garnish. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt.